Monday, February 10, 2014

A Message From Jo-anne Grandinetti

We received this note from Jo-anne Grandinetti, whose story many of you may be familiar with...

"Thank you to all my friends and colleagues who have come forward with their stories of assault. We mention the courage it takes to speak the truth.  When I spoke at a board meeting last fall
(After my assault) I spoke from the heart, looking for answers to my concerns but there were no answers. Now that so many are coming forward with more disturbing stories of assault I have to believe that some one, somewhere will listen and understand the urgency of change. I have met with Sen. DeFrancisco, had a conference call with congressman Maffei . They are both aware of the problems in the SCSD. I approached both gentleman looking for guidance and support for change.  I have to believe that they will be there for us as we move forward.  We need to stay focused and remember that we only want what is best for all our students.

'OUR DAY BEGINS TO END THE DAY
WE BECOME SILENT ABOUT THINGS THAT MATTER'

- Martin Luther King, Jr."

Thank you, Jo-anne!

No comments:

Post a Comment